In preparation for 1.9.8, 1.9.78 is the latest stage of a determined effort to rid the Mars Explorer codebase of debilitating bugs. This beta will be updated 'till all (or at least the great majority) of known bugs are resolved, and will then be released as 1.9.8!
Please post all the bugs you encounter in this thread, and they will be summarily annihilated.
Edit - Vehicle collisions, armament customizations, & more:
- Vehicle to vehicle collision physics now simulated as necessary for spectacular impacts
- Individual vehicle type firepower sliders - (I think that FlyClub first formulated this idea)
- Brake key now works while composing messages - Futureboy
- Mouse wheel zooms sniper view - (Think this was MacDane's idea)
- Laser hit rematerilizations now much more reliable. No more sending players back to the materialization point without gaining Quarry!
Edit - Native Mac App:
(You will need to manually redownload as necessary when new edits appear on this page!)
Edit - Closer To Perfection:
- Master List Server performance tuning
- Tank track collisions now properly calculated (again)
- RORBs now glow when colliding with other RORBs, even when not in XORB mode
- Bots now detect what kind of vehicle they are trapped inside, and calculate their control inputs accordingly
- Faster, smoother materialization clouds - great for laser hits rematerialize games!
- Server settings a bit more organized
Edit - Fine Tuning:
09/7/19 - 18:08 GMT
- More random crashes resolved
- Tank track CG issues fixed
- Enhanced ride camera:
- View is "shock absorbed" now regardless of GyRide enablement
- GyRide camera rotation is now perfectly independent of vehicle - no more slow tracking upsetting your super precision shots
- GyRide camera is now ALWAYS upright - no more akward sideways aiming
- When entering ride mode, you will now ALWAYS be facing in the vehicle's forward direction. No more disorienting ride transitions!
Edit - Diagnostics:
09/7/17 - 2:20 GMT
- Much more info in player dialog - such as new Ping and jitter readouts, and some other networking debugging stuff
- Couple unusual crash cases fixed - including Kruncher's GUI free game :)
- Improved new position interpolation - no more (delayed) players, smoother movement!
- "Tagged the Quarry" messages are back
- Faster server list refresh after name change
- Fixed server reconnect feature disconnecting you from any other servers you had joined in the mean time
Edit - Minor tweaks:
09/7/11 - 00:49 GMT
- Unavailable vehicles now don't materialize by default
"Player was evicted" message
Smoother laser arcs
- Slightly smoother background music playback
Edit - New Fixes:
09/7/11 - 16:39 GMT
- Bot issues should be resolved
- Game server shouldn't occasionally disconnect itself
- Networked instances of buggys now properly adjust their wheels to the ground and emit bubbles only when submerged
- Updated networking position interpolation logic:
Much less data is now sent across the network - contributing to significantly greater reliability, and hopefully fewer instances of players not responding.
In addition to the dreaded (Not Responding) messages of yore, the new system will also display (Delayed) next to players who's internet connection isn't keeping up with the data stream fast enough to keep their position interpolated on your client, and (No Connection) next to players who haven't yet sent your client a single position packet - and who are probably suffering from a special class of the "not responding" syndrome.
- Network physics optimizations:
Physics is now ONLY simulated on YOUR vehicle. This should increase performance and reliability, but it does currently prevent you from imparting kinetic energy to other players when you collide with them. Once the new system is verified as working flawlessly, I will add some logic to simulate the physics of players within ramming distance as necessary.
- LAN connections through server list work again:
You and a friend both playing over a LAN? Now you can easily use the server list to join each other's games.
- Fixed tank CG issues!
- Lightning fast server list loading and updates
- Joining a game with the same name as an existing player now correctly appends a number to your name
- Fixed buggy wheel rotation
- Better buggy handling at low game quality levels - no more wing deployment nosedives!
- Fixed player "launch" on server entry
- Game servers now reregister with the list server every three minutes - just in case...
- "News ticker" buttons at bottom of server list can now be links - as they were originally intended to be...
- Configurable server laser gravity:
Lasers can now curve over hills. Artillery play, anyone?
- Better looking laser firing when stationary
- Experimental new GyRide camera option in Game Settings
- Buggy flight slip now defaults to false in an effort to ease new players in getting aloft
- Messages now let you know what went wrong when you are ejected from a server - whether it was a host crash, your eviction, or a standard server shutdown
- Server list now automatically reattempts connection to game server up to 4 times if your first connection attempt isn't successful